FAQ – Frequently asked questions about Active Directory Integration for WordPress
Frequently asked questions
For all technical questions please take a look at the FAQ of our official documentation about Next ADI.
Do you offer support through the official WordPress forum?
No. We are visiting the official forum irregulary to answer generic questions or to get feedback from the community. All support is done through a support contract/license.
Do you offer support of Active Directory Integration 1.x?
No. ADI 1.x is deprecated. We are only offering support for Next ADI.
How is support handled?
- Log in with your account.
- Open a support case
- You get contacted by us via e-mail as soon as possible, no later than the next workday.
What does the support license include?
The support license includes the following items:
- Fixing of critical bugs which are independent from your Active Directory environment.
- Answering question about the functionality of Next Active Directory Integration like “How does feature xyz work?”.
- Ensuring that we can continue the development of ADI.
- Higher prioritization of feature requests without any guarantee to implement them.
- The good feeling that you support a truly open source product.
The support license does not include:
- Answering questions how to set up Next Active Directory Integration like “How do I set up Next ADI to make it work in my environment?”.
- Helping you to set up your WordPress/Next ADI environment.
- Answering questions about the functionality of Active Directory. Our documentation is very comprehensive.
- Phone calls/team viewer sessions.
Why are setup questions explicitly excluded?
Each Active Directory environment differs. You know at best how your environment is configured and how to make third party applications work with it. Next Active Directory Integration is open source so you can test it on your own. Please take a look at our SERVICES to get more information.
Do I get a named contact?
No, every support request is handled by one of our team members.
When does my support start?
As soon as you have purchased the license.
When does my support end?
One year after you purchased the license, e.g. purchasing on 15.5.2016, end of support:(including) 14.5.2017.
What is a ||Site owner||?
A site owner is the operator of a WordPress instance. This could be you or one of your customers.
Can I transfer a non-developer license to a new site owner?
The re-usage of deprecated licenses is not allowed. If you install Next Active Directory Integration for a customer’s site and Next ADI is no longer used (uninstall, migrating away from WordPress, …) the license is gone.
Can I transfer a developer license to a new instance?
Yes. But only with one developer license active.
Can I use a normal license as developer license?
Yes, but the normal license can not be transfered to another instance.
How are the total number of sites counted?
Each WordPress site with Next Active Directory Integration enabled is counted. In a multisite installation each single site is counted as its own site.
For what purpose can the developer license be used?
The developer license can be used to test ADI on your own local WordPress instance or for integration test environment.
Do you provide trial support licenses?
No. Next ADI is open source. Feel free to download and test it.
Does my support license gets automatically extended?
No. Four weeks before your license will expire, we will inform you to extend your license, but there will be no automatic renewal.
Which payment methods do you accept?
At the moment we only accept PayPal. You’d like to use another billing service? Please contact us.
What do I get after the download?
After your purchase you receive an email containing your support license key. You can enter this key on the ADI configuration page of your WordPress installation(s). Keep this key safe. Use will need it to make support requests.
You don’t have Next ADI installed? Please download Next Active Directory Integration through the WordPress’ plug-in repository.
Do you offer any refund?
No. After the support license has been purchased we do not offer any refund.