If you want to use the Synchronize to WordPress/AD feature you need to set up a cron job. On Windows operating systems you have to use the Windows Task Scheduler to accomplish this.
- Download the wget setup package from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm or use this link link to sourceforge. Please note that the ZIP file does not include the required libraries.
- Let the setup programm install wget into e.g. c:/wget
Add the scheduled task
- On you Windows server log on with a privileged account, e.g. Administrator
- Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Task Scheduler
- In the right panel click on Create Basic Task
- Enter a name like "Sync to WordPress* and click Next
- On the next page define the scheduled dates when the task should run. Every night should be often enough.
- On the Action page select Start a program
- The Program/script input field must point to the previously installed wget.exe (c:/wget/bin/wget.exe)
- The input field Add arguments (optional) must be populated with the wget parameters provided in NADI on the Sync to WordPress respective Sync to AD page, like
--post-data "next_ad_int-task=sync-to-ad&auth-code=MFuyIpDJEEOUhw8cLsB0" http://localhost/wp-admin/admin.php
- Click Next and Finish
The added task will automatically run on the next scheduled date.