Before Next ADI a network/Multisite installation has not been officially supported so we do not automatically import any settings from any site of your WordPress network installation.
You as a Super Admin should follow these steps:
- Deactivate any ADI 1.x installation in any of your network sites
- Install Next ADI in your Network Dashboard
- On Network Dashboard > Plugins select the link Download ADI v1 configuration below the Next Active Directory Integration plug-in
- Based upon the existing configurations you have to add one or multiple ADI profiles. Please read carefully the Multisite Configuration section
- Assign the sites of your network to their belonging ADI profile
- Notify the administrators of the sites about the new version of ADI and their behavior
Why is automatically migration not supported?
The short answer is: There are too much corner cases in which configuration settings could not be automatically migrated. Because of the expected effort to implement a working solution for everyone we decided to not implement an automatically migration.
With Next ADI we want to make a clean cut between the existing, dirty solutions of network-wide (since ADI 1.1.6) and a site specific (prior ADI 1.1.6) configuration. The concept of Profiles combines both approaches in a way which is future proof and can be used in every Active Directory environment.